AVANT is recruiting for an experienced Linux Systems Administrator to join a Systems Engineering Team. In Systems Engineering, you’ll play a key role in ensuring the stability and performance of our e-commerce analytics and marketing automation Platform. You’ll be part of the team that owns the whole stack from hardware/OS to the applications that run our code, as well as the automation framework that makes it manageable at scale. The most successful candidates will have an strong skills in troubleshooting and problem solving, experience in software development AND system design, great communication skills, and the desire for solving complex problems at scale that are unique to company’s.
Only apply if you want to:
• Be a part of an agile team of systems administrators working in the open source space using some of the latest technologies supporting company’s dynamic infrastructure
• Use best-practice system design and create a resilient and scalable infrastructure
• Balance long term priorities to accomplish critical goals while shifting paradigms to support demanding needs and infrastructure hot button issues
• Build, manage and maintain the fleet of servers in multiple data centers.
• Diagnose and root cause server hardware, system software, storage, and networking issues. Provide and apply workarounds and long term fixes.
• Develop process automation and tooling to monitor systems, collect data, and develop maintenance methodologies.
• Review and influence new and evolving design, architecture, standards, and methods for operating services and systems.
• Participate in an on-call rotation.
• 3-5 years of full-time Systems Administration experience.
• Deep knowledge in linux operating systems, storage (RAID administration), and networking (TCP/IP, SSH, DNS, and DHCP) concepts and practices
• Strong Bash or Perl scripting proficiency, Ruby a plus!!!
• Experience with monitoring and alerting applications (Nagios, Cacti, Graphite, Splunk)
• Demonstrated experience working in a data center environment
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Nice to Have:
• Proficiency with Cisco networking configuration and troubleshooting as well as firewall and routing management
• Familiarity working with NoSQL technologies, especially Hadoop/HDFS systems
• Experience with OS and package automation using Foreman and Puppet
• Knowledge of security best practices from the user level all the way up to the enterprise network layer. (IPS/IDS, user security education, application hardening)
• Proficiency setting up and managing NFS, LDAP, Bind/DNS, DHCP
• Experience deploying and managing KVM
Send your confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!