AVANT is recruiting for Direct Hire candidates for the Raleigh, NC location of an international telecom equipment company.
The procurement manager will be tasked with the following:
- Build relationships with suppliers and vendors
- Identify suppliers on quote by quote basis – negotiate prices and review contracts
- Devise promotional plans and suggested pricing structures
- Evaluate vendor performance and contract viability and effectiveness
- Plan and place orders; monitor shipments for on-time delivery
- Effectively manage, control, and liquidate inventory; as necessary
- Analyze current market trends and monitor market environment; gather market intelligence
- Continue to develop product, OEM and vendor knowledge
- Provide product-related support to the various departments internally
- Maintain a high degree of communication, cooperation and coordination in accordance with departmental goals
Position requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent experience
- Ideally 5+ years experience in procurement of secondary telecom or data equipment
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and possess excellent multi-tasking skills
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player
- Great attention to detail and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
The compensation package for this position will include a base salary and bonus program dependent on the candidate experience level.
Click here to apply on-line and submit a confidential resume.