Immediate Opening for a Master Mechanic (3 years experience minimum) who will diagnose, repair, and maintain construction equipment, light and heavy trucks and other miscellaneous (motorized and non-motorized) equipment. Other duties include performing North Carolina Vehicle Safety Inspections and metal fabrication/repair using all types of welding and light machine shop skills
- Dismantling, overhauling, repairing and reassembling engines; rebuilding/replacing transmissions; rebuilding drive trains, carburetors, differentials, pumps, and gear boxes; welding metal components and fabricating unique parts; and operating equipment.
- Perform tests and inspections using computers, scanners, and analyzers.
- Make repairs based on scheduled preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment as required.
- Maintain records by entering work order information into Fleet Management Software.
- Respond to field calls, diagnosing equipment problems and analyze the location to determine the feasibility of field repair; arranging for towing as required; and communicating status to management.
- Load equipment on the transport vehicle; unloading equipment at job site; reviewing work orders and monitor transportation vehicles.
To be considered for the position, you will need the following:
- Two year associate’s degree, or equivalent in mechanical field
- Three or more years of related experience with mechanical repair work
- NC CDL Class “A” with Tanker Endorsement (required within 90 days of hire)
- Welding certification from an accredited training facility.
- Skill with dismantling, overhauling, repairing and reassembling engines
- Skill with rebuilding/replacing transmissions, drive trains, carburetors, differentials, pumps, & gear boxes
- Skill with welding metal components, fabricating unique parts & operating equipment
- NC State Inspectors License acquired within 1 year of hire
Additional preferred skills include:
- A-CDL 3rd-party tester
- ASE certification
- Welding certification
The salary for the position will be based on experience and will start between $37,000 and $46,000 per year. The position also comes with a comprehensive benefits package that includes insurances, paid vacation, holiday and personal time off, as well as retirement benefits.
Submit your confidential application online to be considered.
To apply for this job please visit www.avant.jobs.