A local designer and manufacturer of CNC (computer numerically controlled) routers used in professional manufacturing, DIY making, and educational settings is looking to add a Purchasing Manager to their team. This 23 year old organization is on a mission to make the empowering nature of digital fabrication technology accessible and affordable to anyone with the desire to create. With more than 9,000 routers at work around the world, this company is well on it’s way to fulfilling that mission.
At the Durham, NC headquarters they design, build, sell, and support CNC (computer numerically controlled) products that are put into use all over the world. The primary purpose of the Purchasing Manager position is to provide leadership in locating and maintaining the best sources of supply for the goods, materials, equipment, and services needed to conduct business. The Purchasing Manager is responsible for considering all aspects of the relationship with suppliers, including price, quality, value, and the ability to respond quickly to changing supply requirements, and for delivering purchasing services to our location in a customer-focused manner.
The successful candidate must have work experience utilizing the principles and practices of purchasing; knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word and Excel); knowledge of ERP systems, purchasing/business software applications; ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements; ability to foster a cooperative environment with various customers; ability to lead by example, coach, motivate, and develop employees; ability to apply and interpret policies and procedures in a sound and reasonable manner; ability to conduct competitive solicitations; to learn, interpret, and analyze information to make necessary decisions; to exercise judgment and discretion in problem-solving; excellent analytical and organizational skills along with written and oral communication skills; great interpersonal skills to interact effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of individuals in a fast-paced environment.
Manufacturing experience utilizing various processes (Lean, 5-S, etc…) is a plus.
Purchasing Manager Core Responsibilities
- Represent company in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Develop cost reduction strategies and savings plans.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Create, release, and maintain purchase orders for over 2,000 parts.
- Approve requisitions, convert to purchase orders, and release to suppliers.
- Evaluate MRP output and adjust as necessary.
- Source new suppliers and validate for manufacturing capability.
- Directed site visits.
- Assist in the disposition of non-conforming material and obtain RMAs from suppliers.
- Collaborate with engineering to resolve quality issues.
- Collaborate with suppliers to resolve quality issues and obtain corrected parts.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional group including engineering and production to support new product releases.
Supply Chain Manager Duties
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, controlling inventory, or warehousing.
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost or quality.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes to improve efficiency and/or performance.
Education & Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- APICS certification preferred.
- MRP software experience required.
- 4+ years purchasing management experience.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management required.
- Proven history of developing effective inventory management policies required.
Additional Job Details:
- Full-time employment
- Work location: Durham, NC
- Salary based on experience (starting at $62k annually)
Profit sharing, health, and dental insurance (company contributes 100% of these premiums for the employee), 401K (first 3% is a 100% company match, next 2% is a 50% company match), 3 paid holidays (New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day) along with a days away policy. Additional workplace perks such as food/coffee and use of our CNC tools for development or personal projects.
To apply for this job please visit www.avant.jobs.