Picture yourself building a successful career as a Paralegal alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals and law professionals who are helping change lives. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work us.
As a Paralegal, you will be responsible for providing paralegal services and handling assigned regulatory/legal projects in addition to general administrative functions as needed.
You will act as a liaison between in-house attorneys, outside counsel, organizations and in-house employees. You will compile data from legal digests, encyclopedias and practice manuals; and assemble, proof and edit drafts of contracts, leases, licenses and insurance policies. You will also prepare and file legal documents, conduct research on projects, review and ensure the firm’s compliance with regulations, and assist in internal document reviews. This position requires a paralegal certification, relevant office experience and a knowledge of office automation equipment and software.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Paralegal Certification, NC Certified Paralegal preferred.
- 3 to 5 years paralegal experience.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate and partner effectively as a member of the legal team; ability to work directly with all levels of staff, court representatives, law enforcement representatives and witnesses to gain the confidence of senior management.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to follow directions and clear understanding and adherence to ethical principles, company values, code of conduct and policies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to most effectively contacting clients, coordinating case schedules with courts, law enforcement officials, witnesses and defense attorneys and draft correspondence and legal document for attorneys.
- Firm understanding of litigation legal process; In depth knowledge of legal terminology and principles.
- The ability to analyze and effectively comment on legal documents for accuracy and completeness. Compile and analyze case documents for hearings & trials and prepare court calendars.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Office products: Word, Outlook, Excel & Power Point; Ability to type 50+ wpm. Ability to learn, update and edit existing proprietary applications and quickly learn and use various computer systems.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details to analyze and problem solve; willingness to take initiative and “think outside the box”.
- Assist attorneys with proofreading, cite checking, locating files and documents with frequent interruptions; manage deadlines and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
- Assertive in tackling new challenges; acts decisively with good business judgment; failure to make decisions will result in critical delay(s) in schedules and/or unit operations, and may jeopardize overall business activities.
Submit your confidential resume, or apply on line to be considered.