AVANT is recruiting for several full-time openings with a manufacturer in Oxford, NC. Excellent pay and benefits available! Positions open on all 3 shifts.
Assembles, operates, adjusts, troubleshoots, services and maintains all filling and assembly equipment in the company facilities with little or no direction from immediate Manager, Supervisor, or Group Leader.
· Assists in coaching and training of mechanics and process facilitators.
· Plans, initiates and completes job assignments in a prompt and timely manner.
· Ability to operate all shop equipment except the CNC.
· Trained and certified to make adjustments/repairs in electrical panels as defined in electrical Safe Practices for Mechanics.
· Has a working knowledge of major processes in multiple cost centers.
· Communicates immediately to manager, supervisor or group leader any personnel or job coordination problems, parts or tool shortages. Reports all accidents, safety hazards, company policy violations and any other information that in their judgement requires attention.
· Initiate line/equipment tooling requirements in support of new products.
· Participates in project management including line layout derivation/review, installation and start-up.
· Must be able to interface effectively with outside vendors to place supply or part orders.
· Has an advanced understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems in the plant.
· Install, checks, adjusts, all troubleshooting and machinery repairs, conveyors and miscellaneous equipment as required for plant operations as directed by supervisor or designee.
· Must be able to develop skills to meet required change over standards as determined by OEE studies.
· Responsible for the complete set-up of all filling and assembly equipment.
· Must be able to run filling equipment in a safe, efficient manner and assist in quality production per the RPPS.
· Responsible for MU (material usage) to keep scrap levels at or below allowable standards.
· Ability to change and adjust process equipment; filling heads, capper torque check weigher, labelers, pumps and additional ancillary equipment.
· Load components into hoppers or bins during initial start up and assist line service if required to keep filling lines running.
· Cleaning and sanitization of tooling and equipment per SPI and maintain logbook.
· Must be able to respond to job assignments plantwide.
· Inspects and makes repairs as needed to maintain preventive maintenance programs.
· Maintains required records such as major maintenance, PM, IQOQPQ.
· Makes suggestions to management on better, more efficient and less costly methods to complete jobs.
· Monitors and operates equipment in accordance with established procedure.
· Keeps assigned work areas safe, clean and orderly.
· Completes job assignments by supervisor or designee in a prompt and timely manner.
· Complies with company policy regarding GMP, good housekeeping, and all safety regulations.
· Performs other related duties as may be assigned but not limited to the above.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
· Ability to read and work from detailed blueprints and schematics as required.
· Good working knowledge of plant equipment and systems.
· Must be able to learn basic applicable computer skills
· Must achieve a minimum score of 46.64 on the Standard Timing Model Test.
· Ability to train other Tech Levels as well as other Tech Level A employees.
· Ability to operate power shop tools in addition to common hand tools safely and effectively.
· Must be able to provide hand tools as required.
· Must be able to routinely lift and carry up to 50 pounds and manipulate bulk drums weighing up to 400 pounds.
· Able to push and pull objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
· Able to stand and/or walk 90% (sitting 10%) of an 8-hr day which includes climbing a ladder or steps.
· Must meet the vision and hearing requirements.
Minimum Education: High School Graduate or GED
Minimum Experience: 3 -5 years experience or equivalent
Apply on-line to be considered, or for more information about this position.